IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Alocasia Amazonica, the Banta's reply re Andre
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2009.11.17 at 21:20:58(20319)
Below is a very important note I received today from Australianbotanist Alistair Hay as well as my response. I'm satisfied with whatI've learned and believe a clear distinction should be made as to theorigination of the plant we know as Alocasia Amazonica but I doubt I'llbe changing a lot of minds in the world of horticulture even thoughAlistair is one of the very best minds in the field of Alocasiaspecies in the world.

It is just my opinion but I know others agree. André'smortefontanensis should be known as Alocasia x mortefontanensis with aclear distinction made between it and Salvadore Mauro'splant bred at his Amazon Nursery in Miami known as both AlocasisAmazonica and Alocasia x amazonica.

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.