IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Aroid or not?
From: "Sherry Gates" <TheTropix at msn.com> on 2009.11.18 at 19:50:21(20329)
Hi Marek, and everyone,

I had read the original message, maybe mis-read because it seemed, to me, like there is really no clue as to it's identity ("presumable a Araceae" sounded like a stab-in-the-dark guess & "The plant arrived from the UK. This all I know". sounds like they really have no idea of what this is)

I'd never try to outguess the experts, which I am certainly not, so I suppose I shouldn't even have made a possible suggestion as to its ID. I was going by the appearance of the emerging leaf (folded) & the look of the bulb/corm w/dead leaves attached which (still) resembles a banana tree base that has been cut through (I've seen lots of those! lol). I understand that the appearance isn't always a definitive identifier, but it is after all, all we have to go by at this point. That's why I asked if that was a possibility.

Take care and have a great week,

Sherry

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.