IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Alocasia Amazonica
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at exoticrainforest.com> on 2009.11.19 at 16:00:31(20334)
I realize due to my mail a few are tired of this subject so I'mabout to wrap itup. I do believe some that are interested in tissue culture and how itaffects the plants we grow might find these notes from Denis Rotolanteinteresting.

Another very interesting event this week was the USDAelected to change the information on its website to no longer indicateAlocasia xamazonica should be credited to André:

http://www.ars-grin.gov/cgi-bin/npgs/html/taxon.pl?312551

If someone that reads Aroid l had anything to do with that I would liketo give you my thanks.

I am in hopes we can at the very least soon have a page on the IASwebsite which explains how all the commonly held misconceptionsregarding Alocasia Amazonica evolved and give credit to Salvadore Maurofor his creation.

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.