IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Alocasia Amazonica and cultvar registration
From: "Derek Burch" <derek at horticulturist.com> on 2009.11.21 at 12:55:53(20351)
Much as I hate to have yet another entryinto the bulging file on this topic – which, thank goodness, thismasterful entry from Alistair and a private note from Tom Hulse to Steve shoulddo a lot to extinguish, it does give me the segue into the latest chapter inthe registration saga.

Tom makes the point that this name isalready well established, although we may never stumble on the first catalogueor other dated paper publication that established the name. This publication inpaper-printed dated form is difficult for many breeders and introducers who donot do this form of catalogue, but is vital ot do this first step ofestablishing the name on the way to registration. We (Albert, really) havedeveloped a very simple form from which I can download a “catalogue-type”short, identifying description which will appear annually as a section ofAroideana. Check our cultivar page on aroid-l or go straight to http://www.aroid.org/cultivars/reg_form_short.phpto see how easy this is. Once that description is published the namewill be established and can then be submitted for registration on the longerform, which is also under revision in certain areas to make it simpler.

So if all this torrent of stuff on the Alocasia which hasclogged my deleted file has the effect of stimulating interest in ourregistration program, it will all have been worthwhile. Praise be. !!

Derek

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.