IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Supervolute vernation. Finally a photo!
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at exoticrainforest.com> on 2010.01.19 at 01:19:13(20489)
Marek,

I too have been having the same problem. I thought I had this figuredout but there is still some mystery since I've now been toldsupervolute is quite common and the definition is the same asconvolute. Involute appears as two tubes rolled inward. There appearsto be a minor difference between supervolute and convolute but eventhough I thought I had that figured out I'm no longer certain. Iordered a copy of Stern's Botanical Latin which is supposed to make allthis clearer. I would suggest anyone interested order a copy fromAmazon for $20 or less. The difference appears to involve whetherthere is a single flower or group involved but I dare not offer what Iunderstand and would prefer someone with a higher level of educationrespond.

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.