IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium species
From: "Jon Y. Suzuki" <jsuzuki at earthlink.net> on 1970.01.01 at 00:00:00(20539)
Hi everyone,

I would like to take the advice of Dr. Tom Croat and elaborate a little more about what and why I am interested in obtaining some Anthurium species.

I have two interests in relation to Anthurium species. One is the genetic relationships of anthurium species commonly used for commercial hybridization for which I need live leaf material from bona fide sources. If they can be shipped to me quickly in the USA, I can process the material, as long as the leaves remain healthy. On the other hand, I eventually hope to obtain plants and if it were possible to arrange shipment of live plants I would like to, if not now, then later.

For the second interest, I wanted to obtain species that produce sweet scent. I would be interested in obtaining any species with good scent, for which I would eventually like to obtain live plants.

I don't know what I could get my hands on or how many species I could handle for the long term, but I made a list of species to see what people might have going :

armeniense, lindenianum, formosum, hoffmannii, ravenii, roseospadix, kamemotoanum, scherzerianum, bakeri, folsomianum, fragantissimum, gracile, harleyii, jefense, amnicola, antioquiense, warocqueanum, garagaranum, watermaliense, trinerve, aripoense, pittieri, schlectendalii.

Thank you very much for your help!

Jon

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.