IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Tubers, corms and bulbs, oh my!
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at exoticrainforest.com> on 2010.02.13 at 21:02:20(20585)
Thanks Dylan!

I have been trying to do a fair amount of research to better understandall these terms for the past 6 weeks. I corresponded with Wilbert afew months ago and helped a great deal to make the subject clearer. Tom also sent a number of corrections to some of my personalmisunderstandings so thanks to both of you along with Christopher andTom for all these very clear explanations.

By the way Dylan, the IAS is growing and we need more authoritativevoices on Aroid l.. Thanks a bunch for making your firstcontributions, please don't make it your last!

All of us need good info rather than much of the mishmash found on theinternet. I'm certain the IAS board will back me up in thanking you,Tom, Wilbert, Pete, Eduardo, David, Simon, Marcus, Marc, Julius and allthe authoritative voices that make sure we read good info! The nextissue of the IAS Newsletter will be out in about one month so if any ofyou on Aroid l haven't joined please take the time to do it now. www.Aroid.org

By the way, I haven't read any responses to Ted Held's post regardinghearing some of Julius' personal stories. If you missed that post youcan find it here: http://www.hort.net/lists/aroid-l/feb10/msg00020.html

I have already listened to his narration about Christmas dinner inTrinidad and strongly suggest all of you that have read Julius' greatposts but never had the pleasure of hearing his voice visit the site! It is a riot, and that does not count for the fact our old Aroid l friend is incredibly brilliant!

Thanks again!

Steve Lucas

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.