IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Monstera dilacerata
From: ExoticRainforest <Steve at ExoticRainforest.com> on 2010.04.26 at 18:19:48(20948)

With the help of Emily Colleti of the Missouri Botanical Garden, I wasable to photograph some of these species in the aroid greenhouse at theMissouri Botanical Garden on Friday on last week. I was quitesurprised at what I learned and I'm certain many collectors will be aswell. I did not manipulate the colors and both Emily and I noticed theblueish cast to these plants. I am post two well known species withthis post and I am relativelycertain most will be surprised what Monstera siltepecana and Monsterapinnatiparita actually look like in the juvenile form. I will beupdating my own website immediately.

I'm certain some will disagree with the names on these photos but theywere taken directly from the tags of specimens Dr. Croat collected. Wealso noticed that many juveniles from a variety of species were nearlyidentical is shape making a correct determination of a juvenile plantextremely difficult if you can't see it in a major botanical gardencollection.

Steve

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.