IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] IAS show & sale, September 18-19, 2010
From: santoury at aol.com on 2010.08.31 at 00:11:02(21351)
Hello,

Thank you for the reminder, and more information.

I, as a newcomer, have a couple of questions. First, could somebody give me a brief outline of what this show looks like? What I am envisioning is, something like an annual flower show - but this banquet / speakers have me questioning my assumptions.

My second question basically follows the first - being deaf, I wonder if there are any resources for finding an interpreter for something like this? Being from Massachusetts, I have no idea how things like this are addressed in Florida, if at all. I'm just putting this out there that there is a possibility that somebody might know somebody, who might be interested in checking into this? I personally am perfectly comfortable communicating through pad and pen, but understandably, will not be able to get much out of the lectures/speaker presentations, so at this point, I'm thinking that if this is a "flower-show theme" - then I would come during the actual "show/sale" part of this show, where I can meet (vendors/members) one-on-one, as opposed to being in a platform-type setting where multiple conversations are going on within the group.

Sorry if this became long-winded, but I wanted to just check on this - It is, of course, my first IAS show, which I'm very excited about - and just wanted to see what it's all about.

Do people just come and go, or is this basically a show for only aroiders who are involved here? (Is it publicly advertised, in other words?)

Will certain people be bringing certain plants to sell, or is this more of a private member trade type of thing?

Again, I do apologize for the obvious new-ness of my questions. Have faith, I'm learning! :)

Best,

Jude

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.