IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Strange Amorphophallus
From: Jason Sarine <jasondsarine at hotmail.com> on 2010.09.19 at 23:26:11(21463)

This is Amorphophallus Yuloensis, supposedly.  I bought two tubers from the same seller last year.  I potted both of them up at the same time.  One tuber grew as to be expected, nice an healthy.  This one started to grow spikes but then they got mushy.  I suspected the tuber was rotting so I pulled it up and to my surprise it was fine, it had nice roots.  I cleaned off the mushy spikes and replanted it.  About a month later it put out new spikes that looked normal until they opened up.  Each leaf exibits the same lack of chlorophyll.  It doesnt seem to be getting any as the leaves have been up for a few weeks now.  The plant looks healthy except for the obvious.  What do you think the chances are it will survive?  What are your speculations on the cause of this?  If this plant does survive do you think it is likely something that will be carried on?  Thanks for any insight, thought you all might like to see it in any case.

Jason Sarine

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.