IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Fw: Aroid ID
From: "Denis" <denis at skg.com> on 2010.11.30 at 14:44:13(21674)
Maybe I am wrong, but I have seen this expression of characteristics before many times. The folded top lobes of the leaf, the habit of the plant not quite upright not quite birdnest, the dark colors on the spadix and spathe. This does not appear to be an Anthurium species but rather a hybrid of Anthurium watermaliense and a bird’s nest type of the Pachyneurium group. I am not sure what group that A. watermaliense is supposed to be in but it has always hybridized with many other Anthurium groups from that Central American and Mexican Area. Hybrids of watermaliense include the massive Anthurium x Big Splash [watermaliense x spectabile] or A. watermaliense x podophyllum and watermaliense x clarinervium as well as A. watermaliense x birdsnest form of the Pachyneurium group.

Sorry, but you will probably not be able to actually name this particular hybrid as it probably is a little bastard born without knowing the other random parent in its background.

That is all.

Denis

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.