IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] Anthurium questions
From: Jason Sarine <jasondsarine at hotmail.com> on 2011.02.08 at 22:00:21(21899)
Hello all,

So I'm relatively new to growing Anthuriums and I picked up two at the midamerica IAS meeting, an Anthurium scandens and A. llewwlynii. They both seemed healthy until a power outage in my greenhouse. But I think they will recover just fine. Anyways my questions are: A. scandens is a creeper I believe and I want to make a nice full pot of it. Can I cut off a piece and reinsert it into the pot and expect it to grow? Can all of the nodes become root nodes? As for the A. llewwlynii I'm not sure of it's orientation I thought it might be pendant so I potted it with leaves facing down, but now it put out a new leaf angling up. So I am guessing it might be a birds-nest type? Also I want to attach it to something like a totem since it is epiphytic. What's the best way to do that? I can't use the orchid bark mix it's growing in now. Lots of questions I know. Looking forward to hearing from you all. Thanks!

Jason Sarine

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.