IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] New aroid from Western Florida
From: robert chumley <chumleyrobert at hotmail.com> on 2011.02.11 at 02:41:52(21929)
I must apologize for my absence here. I have a serious illness that requires a lot of my time, unfortunately. In answer to the questions proposed by Elisabeth, Kyle,Theodor, Dr. Moonen, Steve and Derek. Yes, Derek, it is the same aroid found during the mid thirties by Carl Cowgill and his fellow nurseryman, Jack Holmes of Tampa, high on a cold mountain in Uraguay, the Southernmost geographic area that philodendron occur.   I worked for Cowgill in the early sixties and he gave me a cutting of the only  plant......later he died and his plant died........leaving me in posession of the sole plant of it's kind in the world which I have protected until now. Photos of the plant are at
http://243.photobucket.com/albums/ff145/chumleyrobert/               The history of the plant is at ...                www.chumleycycads.com
Discussion is welcomed.
HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.