IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Wind
From: "Ertelt, Jonathan B" <jonathan.ertelt at Vanderbilt.Edu> on 2011.11.18 at 03:45:28(22305)
David,

It depends to some extent on what you are concerned that the wind will do. Stakes of several varieties could be used for single petiole leaves and such - or if you think that the whole thing might blow over, i.e. pot and all, use a plastic pot and drive a piece of rebar through the bottom and into the ground. Alternatively, with smaller pots you can set them down into cinder blocks - I actually just recently saw a cinder block wall treatment where some of the cinder blocks were half sticking out of the wall, i.e. perpendicular to the majority of the wall, such that 1/2 the block could then be filled with a soil mix after screening had been glued to the bottom - these were used for succulents - but certainly weren't going to blow anywhere. The wall idea might workj for you as a wind block as well, and could be used ofr a variety of plants, aroid and non. Just a few thoughts.

Jonathan

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.