IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Growing arums in pots
From: DAVID LEEDY <djleedy at sbcglobal.net> on 2012.01.21 at 12:48:13(22515)
Peter,

I really appreciate your posts to Aroidl, as well as your book on Arum. As I continue, I will try to adapt my cultural procedures to those you suggest.

I am now satisfied that growing arum in containers in Fort Worth, Texas, USA, is not a problem due to the cold winter weather. However, I am not sure if the long, hot summers will not prove to be the major obstacle I face. Although a bit unusual, last summer we experienced 59 days where the temperature was 100 degrees F. or above (37.78 C.). The night time temperature was 60 degrees F. or above ( 15.57 C.) and quite a few nights it was above 70 degrees F. (21.11 C.) during the summer.

Any suggestions on how to keep the "resting pots someplace not too hot" and how to
keep the resting pots [so that the planting mix] "do[es] NOT become excessively dry?

David Leedy

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.