IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Arum hygrophilum
From: James Waddick <jwaddick at kc.rr.com> on 2013.11.21 at 21:11:14(22940)
On Nov 11, 2013, at 11:58 AM, DAVID LEEDY wrote:

I am interested in the experiences of others, particularly with hygrophyllum and, maybe, rupicola.

Dear David and all,

I have grown Arum hygrophilum (note spelling?) in the Kansas City metro area for upwards of 10 years. This is a Zone 5/6 location with extended droughts and low rainfall. Although we have already had a couple nights of 15 F the foliage remains undamaged. Colder nights are expected and some more foliage damages, too. It recovers in spring and blooms regularly. In short reliable and hardy here.

This spring I planted some tubers of Arum creticum after years of thinking they were too tender. I saw a single plant in bloom in a garden just north of Wichta, KS and was inspired. So far the foliage is just emerging and remains undamaged. Fingers firmly crossed.

I have a plant labelled rupicola which survives here, but I have doubts to ID and must compare to Peter Boyce’s book one of these bloom seasons.

Hope this helps. Jim W.

James Waddick

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.