IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Aroid Plantmen
From: Tom Croat <Thomas.Croat at mobot.org> on 2014.08.26 at 04:01:00(23051)
Dear David:

It was Bob Wilson:

He had a wonderful garden near Villa Neilly not far from Panama. Eventually the OTS became involved, built a big dormitory and classroom. I used it when I taught a class for Hal Moore from Cornell. Bob and Catherine lived in a nice house on the grounds. I visited them and stayed there before they built the dorm. It was electrified by a generator which had a kill switch attached to a string when he went to bed about 10 it was lights out for everyone. Catherine died while they were there and they buried her on the grounds, lowering her body into the grave and then covered her up with soil. Bob made trips to South America, notably to Colombia and he had a lot of material collected at Bajo Calima where I was working, also from Lago Calima much higher up. They had a lot of different people who lived there eventually to help him, including Luis Diego Gomez and several others who I knew but who’s names down immediately come to mind.

Tom

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.