IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Aroid Plantmen
From: "John Criswick" <criswick at spiceisle.com> on 2014.08.26 at 20:23:36(23057)

Thanks Derek. I received this from a friend in Carlsbad:

Interesting john. I cannot add much. I remember my grandmother driving me all the way from Anaheim to Carlsbad to Mr. hummels nursery here in Carlsbad when i was maybe 13...So around 1964. It was a special treat for me to see all the bromeliads and who knows what else in his greenhouses. There is no sign of his place now around here. I imagine his nursery must have been very close to my parents’ present home on Chestnut but they have been here since 1976 and i do not ever remember seeing any greenhouses of tropicals here. Andersons nursery is in Leucadia still but different owners. Horace Anderson's grandson is Eric Anderson of Seedco...a tropical seed nursery near here. I do not know if Eric has survived the recession. I have not spoken to him in several years. ...

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.