IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Aroid Plantmen
From: "Betsy Feuerstein" <ecuador10 at comcast.net> on 2014.08.29 at 00:40:58(23067)

Please do not forget original members as Ron Weeks and Charlie McDaniel. Tricia is one whom the society in total owes a huge debt of gratitude with her many years of dedication as the treasurer but also the banquet arrangements. Tricia never endingly did for the society. Then of course, Denis’s many years of dedication and contribution to the society and now of course, his son is on the bandwagon. So many have contributed to the society. Bettye Waterbury was one of those early contributors as was Dorothy Henkle and on the list goes. Dewey Fisk was a major contributor for ever so many years and years. Those located in the Miami or South Florida area are due so much credit for keeping IAS going from the beginning to this very day. Dr. Croat and his staff have been major contributors to the continuance of the society. Maybe someone from the Miami area will pipe up and list some of those ever so dedicated members who contributed to IAS. Those early members really were a dedicated bunch to get this society off of the ground and to keep it going when times were tough and there were those times. There are many I am sure I have not listed and I know others can fill in the blanks because these folks truly do deserve to be recognized for all of their dedicated efforts. Please someone add some of these names to the list of those who have done so much and are due so much credit. There have been those foreign members who contributed to the society as time went by. I know there were Australian members who did their part to add to IAS in those early days. For that matter, there still are foreign members who contribute. Let’s add those to our list of those who have done for the society. Please as we widen the potential list of IAS enthusiasts, add the names and memories you have of what they did for the society to the information. Just returned from travel and the mind is not generous with names and such, but I know there are many we owe a debt of gratitude for from the Miami and South Florida area and for that matter, all over the world. Please help fill in the names.

Betsy Feuerstein

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.