IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Philodendron hybrid
From: brian lee <lbmkjm at yahoo.com> on 2014.10.04 at 18:29:21(23131)
Dear All,

Aloha.

Bob See was a dear friend of the late Betty Ho, of Honolulu. She often visited Bob in Florida and she was a regular traveler to Asia, especially the Philippines. Betty was a close friend of mine and she and I traveled to the Philippines and Brasil with Roberto Burle Marx. On the Luzon trip, we had some incredible adventures, but, I will save that for the future. In the Philippines, we saw many new Philodendron hybrids. Thailand and Vietnam also had some incredible new plants that were imported. I have seen similar hybrids to this plant in Asia, but, I could not say if this was an import from those days. There is that possibility. I was never much into hybrids, so I am not the best judge of these, but, in days past, information was spare and often we collected without prior knowledge of what we all were seeing.

I collected under several botanical gardens and most of my material is deposited in those living collections.

Aloha,

Leland

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.