IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Anthurium ID
From: "Ertelt, Jonathan B" <jonathan.ertelt at Vanderbilt.Edu> on 2014.11.05 at 15:31:04(23146)
Here’s the background on the Anthurium in question at Olbrich Botanical Gardens in response to my query yesterday:

Hello Jonathan,

The anthurium in question was purchased from a vendor, Ecuagenera of Cuenca, Ecuador in February of 2007 at the local orchid show, “Orchid Quest”. The label said A. salviniae but it quickly became apparent as it grew in our greenhouses that is was not. The
plant was in our growing greenhouses since 2007 and I just planted it in the conservatory this past summer. I haven’t noticed if the fruits turn red but will let you know if they do. We belong to the I.A.S. so I will keep an eye out for any other thoughts
on this plant.

If anyone from your group will be stopping by in the future please have them contact me as I have some unknown anthurium species in the greenhouse that I have collected in Ecuador over the years and would like some identification. Thank you.

John

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.