IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] December Newsletter
From: DAVID LEEDY <djleedy at sbcglobal.net> on 2014.12.21 at 21:23:39(23198)
Thank you Peter and Tom, I feel properly chastised and probably should have kept my mouth shut when Peter ask for comments on the Newsletter.

Peter, I know that you do everything you can to make all Aroid publications available and your efforts are very much appreciated by me and by many.

Both of you guys, as well as some others, could fill a complete book with your publication credits. So when I see page after page with publication credits, I question their necessity. However, on rereading the article, I believe that my question is incorrect with respect to Li Heng as it does help to more accurately describe her contributions to the Aroid Plant Family.

The article about Li Heng is excellent. Is there somewhere, online or otherwise, that I can obtain the 2010 publication of the Fora of China?

My opinion regarding the article on (not being sure what a poster is) Sin Yeng’s award for the best poster at the Hanoi Conference remains. While this is most probably worthy of an article in the Newsletter, I am not sure that it surpasses the awards given out at the annual meeting of the IAS, for which much less information is given about the winner.

The article continues as to her teaching regimen and her various scientific projects, both past and present, including the fact that she has over 100 publications to her credit. This certainly establishes her bonafides. However, it appears to me that to list each of her publications is redundant.

Tom, as you know I authored an article on Growing Arum in Fort Worth, which I thought would be a newsletter article, but Eric Burch decided to use it in "Aroideana." I am currently working on an article for the Newsletter on my missionary efforts in Texas, which may or may not be publication worthy. I recently "met" a fellow on line, who has a marvelous collection of Gonatopus bovinii. I am trying to get him to write an article on his experiences. So I do try!!!

Again, this is all just my opinion and probably not worth very much, but Peter ask for it.

David Leedy

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.