IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] A. splendidum Group ID, culture.
From: RON ILES <roniles8 at gmail.com> on 2018.05.09 at 22:32:17(23832)
Anthurium splendidum -(Ecuagenera labelled A. splendidum #4.?) This plant by any name is most beautiful to me. It appears to have spicate leaves which from my limited view I recall from Cyrtosperma never Spathiphyllum, apparently no Anthurium & other tryffids I knew and loved, The Ecuagenera potted plants seem ground hugging but the photos give me no idea of mature size. The leaves are round, the plant maybe more hydrophilic, who knows - anyway not heart shaped to hug trunks, not long and pointed at apices like the epiphytic spp - they presumably more efficient for their quick drip drying nature?. Anthurium are reported to contain calcium oxalate to deter herbivores;maybe this ground hugger needs spicules for extra defence? Can I suggest positioning in indirect/north light maybe < 500 lux in high humidity maybe with fan air circulation. Would LEDS outputing blue/red ratio balanced for plants, closed space (Ward Cabinet style) reveal optima not tolerances "Not bright light" is surely inappropriate bearing in mind the value of the patient especially with variables like grower subjectivity, longditude, altitude, temperature, gawd save us...hallucinations, sunspots and sometimes collector inconcupiscence. I have necessarily retired from the "Jungle" & now worship Bargello & Music for the good of posterity.

Love from Free Ireland

Ron Iles in his 85th Year - with kindest hopes for Denis Rotalante & Remembrances of dear Tricia & Juilius.

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.