IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Anyone on here ? Rhaphidophora
From: Rosalind Gold <rozgold at pacbell.net> on 2018.08.06 at 22:31:40(23882)
Friends:

I agree with the comments made about the decline of folks conversing in text in plant groups - I do know of a notable exception, which is a group of gesneriad growers, which have quite robust conversations.

I don't have an answer to Jude's question - although the recommendations that other folks have made seem quite sensible.

Finally, I'd encourage folks who are still reading the e-mail on this list as to do as much as possible to engage in conversation. I've posted a few questions, and I always get helpful responses - even if there's a not of people responding. For example, I had purchased a big-leafed anthurium at the IAS show in February, and after I potted it at home, all of the leafs died. I asked whether I should just throw out the stem and roots - and a few folks suggested that I hold on and water very lightly. Sure enough - several months later - it's now sprouting two tiny new leafs. The resilience of some plants is amazing!

Good growing all!

Roz, in Los Angeles

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.