IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [Aroid-l] Can this adelonema be saved?
From: Rosalind Gold <rozgold at pacbell.net> on 2020.01.19 at 03:58:55(24308)
Michael --

Thank you so much for such a responsive and thorough answer. The roots in were in damp material - but I think overall, your suggestion of all of the different changes creating problems is right on target.

I gave the plant a little bit of water, and it seemed to perk up just a bit, although I don't think several of the leaves are going to be viable. I'm going to take your advice about moving it to a warmer location and removing most of the leaves. I'll definitely keep you posted - I've rescued a few other "shocked" aroids doing what you've suggested.

I also think you definitely have a point about my potting medium. I've been looking a place to purchase an aroid-friendly mix, but the only on-line place I've seen charges quite a bit. So if you wouldn't mind sharing photos of what's working for you, that would be very helpful, because it looks like my best bet is to mix my own.

Peter - thanks so much for letting me know about how adenolemas grow in the wild, and the fact that they do not like there roots disturbed.

Again, I really appreciate both of you sharing your wisdom with me -

Good growing and thanks again!

Roz, in Los Angeles

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.