IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

soil bugs & anole lunch
From: Lester Kallus lkallus at earthlink.net> on 1999.10.28 at 20:52:11(3795)
I looked in a couple Alocasia pots in my greenhouse today and saw some little soil bugs - approximately 1-2 mm in size at max. They appeared to have some wing like structures on their back (it's tough to tell when they're that small) but didn't buzz around much higher than a few mm. above the soil level. I can't tell if they were flying or jumping. I didn't see any on the plants themselves, only on the soil.

I assume, therefore, that these are some benign soil bugs living off the organic material in the soil and that they're not harming the plants.

So here's the question: would these be enough to sustain an anole or two? I had hoped to keep an anole or some other small lizard in my greenhouse but am not eager to introduce bugs or to feed them directly.
Les

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.