IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Alocasia potting mix
From: Lester Kallus lkallus at earthlink.net> on 2000.09.27 at 14:38:10(5472)
On expert advise, I changed the potting mix I was using for anthuriums and suddenly am seeing them flourish as they never had before. They had grown *adequately* in Pro-Mix but never as they're growing now. Consequently, it's dawning on me that I should be changing other potting mixes rather than trying to get everything to grow in Pro-Mix.

So - what are people's favorites for Alocasias? Specifically, I've had problems with Black Velvet getting terminal cases of dwindles. I suspect that Pro-Mix doesn't drain well enough. Obviously I could just add some perlite but why stop there? I'll glady purchase whatever charcoal-bark-osmundum-sphagnum-peat-vermiculite-loam-compost-plastic-fiberglass combination people recommend and see what happens.

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.