IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: *&*(^%$## Spider Mites!!
From: Jmh98law at aol.com on 2001.01.11 at 02:34:15(5846)
Isn't it true that different pests have different life cycles? I know, for example, that one kind of mealy bug has a 6 day life cycle, thus I need to spray every six days at least three times to get rid of them. Pepper spray works well on them and is non-toxic.

Wouldn't it be important when tackling pests to determine (1) the identity of the pest, and (2) the life cycle of that pest in order to establish frequency of spraying needed to destroy them?

Also, Jack, I never spray toxic stuff in the house or in the attached greenhouse. My two Siamese cats are well-trained, but not *that* well -trained. Even though they know they are not allowed in the greenhouse, they sometimes go in there. I would not want them to walk anywhere I'd "oversprayed" and get residue on their paws, then lick them.

I don't even spray with toxic substances for spring and fall when I could do it outside to avoid poisoning my pets.

Jeanne M. Hannah

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.