IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Arum
From: "James W. Waddick" jwaddick at kc.rr.com> on 2001.07.12 at 15:34:02(7022)
Dear all;
A little mentioned genus on this forum is Arum. In the last few years I have grown increasingly fond of the species and have been slowly expanding my collection. A few recent additions have invigorated me to drop this note. The literature suggests that most of the species are somewhat tender, but I have had success with Arum italicum and maculatum (who hasn't?) but also A. dioscoridis, A elongatum, A. nigrum and more recently with a few others. I also grow a couple more tender species in a cold green house- A. concinnatum, A purpureospathum etc.

Dr. Peter Boyce has produced an excellent starting point for discussions here with his book 'The Genus Arum'. Thanks again, Pete.

I'd like to hear of others with hardiness experience and a willingness to trade.

I currently have a few extra tubers of A concinnatum (small), A byzantinum (few) and one or two others.

I'd like to get other potentially hardy species (such as A. alpinum, creticum, korolkowii etc.) or selected forms of any of those mentioned earlier, such as A. maculatum 'Painted Lady', etc.

These are mostly just going dormant and making seed heads now. A good time to dig, divide, trade etc.

Anyone have 2 cents to add for this Arumophile?

Thanks Jim W.
Dr. James W. Waddick
8871 NW Brostrom Rd.
Kansas City Missouri 64152-2711
USA

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.