IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: How big is big enough? and how tall do they get?
From: StroWi at t-online.de (StroWi) on 2002.04.14 at 16:37:43(8543)
Randy,

I think this is something most Amorphophallus growers are interested in. The list you propose is a very good idea!

I would like to take the chance to add the question how tall they get at a definite tuber size (lets say at good light and growing conditions):

Would any one know, if there is a close correlation between tuber size and PETIOLE HIGHT in Amorphophallus titanum?

If someone has figures or even an idea, I would be very intersted. (It could tell me when to built a higher greenhouse for my A.t. or do something different; see below)

I ask this in the same context as I asked for the effect of growth retardants on the petiole hight of A.t. or other big aroids with a single leaf some time ago. I did not get a response when I posted my question, but I think it should work, since growth retardants generally inhibit cell elongation to a certain extent. (Normally they are used in horticulture to shorten internode length in ornamentals like Poinsettias and others)

Looking forward to any comment!

Bernhard.

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.