IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: How big is big enough? and how tall do they get?
In a message dated 04/15/2002 9:43:45 AM Pacific Daylight Time, story@caltech.edu writes:

I find that people (we scientists in particular) are often reluctant to answer such questions because there is no exact answer. Yet however much we might have to guess, approximate, relate personal experiences, etc., there are people on a list like this who have lots of wisdom to share! Incomplete knowledge is better than nothing at all.

I can certainly agree with that. That is actually my one biggest frustration when I begin researching this or that plant species: it is nearly impossible to find background information. If it is a commercially grown species, one can find lots of commercial sources for it, but as for useful data, forget it. That is why I decided to submit my observations to Aroideana, even though they were only three days' worth, and even though my pollinator specimens were in such bad condition.

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.