IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

RE: Amorpholphallus titanum pollen request
From: StroWi at t-online.de (StroWi) on 2002.04.22 at 19:53:24(8601)
My dear Lord,

you have my full compasion in your desperation about these units dating back probably to the mediaeval ages. Or are they even of celtic ???

However, dear Lord, maybe I can give a rough idea about stones.

About two decades ago I was run over by a mastiff dog; luckily not attacked, since it was just a puppy of about one year.

This dog weight 10 stone seven, that was and is converted to kg about 67 kg!!! (If i remember it correctly ... or was it rather the weight that dog would reach, when grown up? Can't remember exactly..) I gues the seven of the 10 stone seven was some kind of lb; no idea, if imperial, american or celtic lbs. And, if I am not wrong again, 12 lbs made up one of these stones.

So my dear Lord, did you get it?

But surely some US aroider, faintly acquainted with the decimal/metric system will bring some light into this darkness.

With deep sympathy,

Bernhard.

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.