IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: Zantedeschia availability??
From: mburack at mindspring.com> on 2002.05.02 at 15:51:16(8712)
Julius....

This may not be what you are looking for, but I hand pollinated my "giant", "herculies" or whatever other cultivar name you want to give it (the mammoth white one with the white spots on the leaves).

The infruct. is quite huge and I am sure the berries will be ripe soon.. I will be looking to keep a bunch for myself as this cultivar is so gigantic and amazing.. but I will have plenty to spare. If you or others would like some.. feel free to let me know.

Also, I grow one in a reletively dry area... I grow one grossly wet..both in the heat (I am in S. Florida as well) and the winter temps dont bother them at all and they dont go dormant for me. It is about as adaptable as it gets... I only notice that it flowers infrequently in the summer? Heavy in spring and fall...also fragrant (from close up :)

(with all of that said...the berries are currently very big and swollen.. but juuuust turning a lighter shade from the "green" they were..how long should these things need to go before they are fully ripe?)

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.