IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[aroid-l] speaking of movies (was: The Orchid Thief)
From: Piabinha at aol.com on 2002.11.26 at 20:59:00(9648)
i was at the movies last night and saw a trailer for this upcoming movie. the movie itself is about the screenwriters attempting to turn a book into a movie; it's not about the book per se. considering that the book was not very scientific (although not a bad read), i don't think the movie will be very satisfying for plant nuts in general.

the movie i saw last night was "far from heaven." not a bad movie but not terribly successful in what it was attempting to do. one bit of aroideana: in the living room of the main characters, there was a nice Alocasia sanderiana. now, i know this is incorrect since the plant would not have been in cultivation in the 1950's. ok, i really need to get a life if that's what i can find to critique in a movie... botanical inacuracies... :-)

--
tsuh yang CHEN in nyc

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.