IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

Re: [aroid-l] More cycads stolen
From: "Michael Bosold" mbosold at meijergardens.org> on 2003.01.28 at 17:55:41(9892)
Although this is a terrible tragedy I do have some questions. Do you have a security staff? Are there locking exterior gates? If you have staff present at night does someone do a walkthrough ?
It probably was more than one person and they more than likely were frequent visitors to you garden. I don't think concertina wire is advisable but sometimes just a presence of security is enough to prevent theft. I feel terrible for the QBG. I know if someone came to my area and took some of my special plants I would search and destroy. We have a security force here 24/7. They are always moving around and checking stuff out. While this is a definite increase inbudget, maybe one night timer could do it. It's amazing how much a little presence of a security force can have on a situation. And most of the time, if someone wants something badly enough they will probably get it. Just an observation. All the best in your future efforts and sleuthing
Mike

Michael Bosold

+More
Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.