IAS Aroid Quasi Forum

About Aroid-L
 This is a continuously updated archive of the Aroid-L mailing list in a forum format - not an actual Forum. If you want to post, you will still need to register for the Aroid-L mailing list and send your postings by e-mail for moderation in the normal way.

[Aroid-l] I.D.`ing the Anthurium from Jared
From: <ju-bo at msn.com> on 2009.01.04 at 12:51:57(18854)
Dear All,

Please DON`T take my suggestion a ''final'' solution.   I usually try to stay out of these discussions on I.D.`ing store-bought plants, but this one is interesting now that I have seen a photo.  It is not a ''birds nest" type, and is NOT in my opinion a pure species.  The up-turned posterior lobes of the leaves which create the impression of a ''cup"" are NOT like A. fausto., which has a HUGE, almost flat cordate leaf, VERY 'hard-textured'.  Steve will have photos on his site of a pure A. faustomir. 
I`d like to see a photo of an inflorescence on this (Jared`s) plant, as the bloom on a pure A. fausto. is large, and has a cup-shaped large spathe which spreads over the spadix like a roof, and a very short peduncle/stem.   Jared`s plant might exibit a different spathe/peduncle which may offer hints as to the plant`s possibly mixed parentage.

Julius

HTML

+More

Note: this is a very old post, so no reply function is available.